IWDPA eMeeting Agenda and Minutes 10.12.16
Agenda for IWDPA eMeeting (agenda items bold; UNAPPROVED minutes in blue) Wednesday, October 12, 2016 Meeting convened at 2:05 pm CST
Attendees: Denise Comer Kelly Kinney Barry Maid (traveling) Alice Myatt Sue Pagnac Jeremy Schnieder Leslie Werden
- Review of minutes from Friday, July 15, 2016; Raleigh, NC
- Constitutional review process & timeline – discussion
- Myatt proposed sending Constitution to FREEWRIT-L for feedback
- Add nominating process to Constitution
- Need quorum to vote? Exec Board D, #3
- Answer: Simple majority vote (today is 4)
- Decided: making changes with smaller group then opening up for larger membership feedback
- Have spring semester to accept proposals
- Draft by 4Cs, final draft by CWPA
- Board members: nominations and voting
- Secretary non-voting b/c runs voting
- Myatt motioned to appoint Pagnac as Board Member
- Part of her work will be Secretary until Constitution amendments are approved
- Constitution posted on Google Drive (IWDPA)
- Comments due by Dec 12-16 (soft deadline); review at 4Cs; open for commenting post-Cs
- Mapping project (Jeremy Schneider)
- Schnieder to keep development going and will report back in December
- Webmaster/Web Presence
- No webmaster/mistress
- Maybe find someone to do web mgmt. on a routine basis
- Options: Get money from CWPA? Get a grad student asst.?
- Send out call on FREEWRIT-L for volunteers
- Handout for CCCC session in Portland
- CFP for 2018 4Cs
- Moving curricula?
- Ghettoization of FYC?
- Developing a major/minor?
- WCs as part of curriculum?
- Movement out, movement in of other programs and departments?
- New Items
- Article on independent writing programs in CCC 68.1 (Sept 2016): 173-214
- Website need: White papers & resource guides
- Mapping project will help – maybe a written definition won’t be available yet
- Developing mentor network
- Membership fee? Already supposed to be in 4C and/or C-WPA
- Maybe add membership profile?
- Recap of action items
- Myatt will post link to Constitution
- Members need to touch base in December
- Working on messages to members and other interested parties
- Meeting adjourned at 2:49 pm CST
These minutes will be submitted for approval at CCCC in Portland, OR March 17, 2017
Til next time,
IWDPA at 00:00